The Mazzola's

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We have had a couple of months of fun! Birthday celebrations, Valentine's and lots of running, working and trying to keep the kids healthy.

We started January off with celebrating my birthday. My birthday was ok, not really one for the books. Emilia got sick the night of my birthday and thew up, then 2 nights later Joe got the same stomach bug the night he and I were supposed to celebrate my birthday. Poor Emilia is SO afraid of throwing up that she would not eat because she thought food was going to make her sick. Then a month or so later Chase got it and Emilia went on a hunger strike for a couple of days. Long story short, we took her to the doctor and they put her on probiotics, which thankfully started to help. She is finally back to her old self and eating well but it was quite a battle for a while. Joe's brother came to visit us at the end of January and we had a really nice visit with him. Emilia and Chase love when Silly Uncle Matty comes to visit.

February flew by but we had a fun month. We joined the YMCA so that we can spend more time swimming as a family. So we have been spending lots of time swimming and I go run during the week when it's too cold outside. Joe and I are not big Valentine's people but he did make me a very nice dinner on Valentine's day. Joe and Emilia went to a Father/Daughter Valentine's dance that same week. They were so cute!!! Emilia continued her art class, which she LOVES and has also started taking piano and is really enjoying that as well. She is taking piano from a high school student and she really does a great job working with Emilia.

We started March off with a nice birthday celebration at Aunt Gin's for Chase's 2nd birthday and then headed to the beach the next weekend with Day Day and Grandma for his official birthday. It was SO nice to get out of town for the weekend and to spend time with Joe's parents. Joe and I have been swamped with work, which is a good thing but it consumes us when we are not with the kids. Chase started taking a parent/child soccer class on Saturday's this past weekend and seemed to really enjoy it. He still loves balls and soccer and basketball seem to be his favorite so far. He is talking so much and has such a funny little sense of humor. I think he's going to be a jokester like his Daddy.

Joe and I just ran in a half marathon together last weekend and it was so much fun! It was Joe's first half marathon and he did AWESOME. My goal was to finish in 2 hours flat and Joe finished in 1 hour 56 min. and 10 sec. and I finished in 1 hour 56 min and 11 sec. We were both psyched with our times! Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do next, I think we might sign up for a 10k and see how we do. I have also thought of training for a mini triathlon but the swimming part scares me a little. I'm not a super strong swimmer!

We are ready for spring and ready to celebrate some more birthdays over the next couple of months. Emilia is turning 6 in a couple of weeks, I can't believe it!!!! Where have the last 6 years gone???

We hope you all are healthy and happy.

All our love,

Les, Joe, Chase and Emilia
https://picasaweb.google.com/dcmazzola/JanFebMarch02?authkey=Gv1sRgCKbB_8Lbt7eurwE#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home