The Mazzola's

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Happy Holidays!


We hope you are all starting to enjoy the holiday season. In our house we are definately getting in the Christmas spirit!


Emilia woke up this morning so excited to open her Advent calendar(s) and to find our Elf from Elf on the Shelf, "Buddy" sitting at the kitchen table with her at breakfast. For those of you who don't know what "The Elf on the Shelf" is, it's a little red elf who flies to the North pole each night to report to Santa and he is in a different place in your house each day for the kids to find him. I reminded Emilia to tell him what she wanted for Christmas and she says "I would like, Mom, remind me, what do I want for Christmas?" It was hilarious, because she really wont tell us anything. Then she said, "I want a princess scooter". So, we'll see what Santa brings, I don't think it will be a princess scooter...


Chase is doing great! He got ear tubes the week of Thanksgiving so hopefully this will eliminate his ear infections. His personality is really starting to come out this week, it's so much fun. He is still not crawling, but he wants to SO bad. He loves to play with Fletch and still laughs at Emilia all the time.




Last month was a bit of a blur for me. We had a really fun Halloween weekend. Chase got baptized on 30th of October. It was a really nice Mass and we had a wonderful evening with family and friends back at our house. Emilia had a blast trick-or-treating with her friend Clara and Holden. Chase passed out in the stroller soon after we started trick-or-treating. Besides the trick-or-treating, Emilia loved answering the door for all the kids who were trick-or-treating and she also had fun sorting out her candy into piles when we got home. Joe left the day after Halloween for three weeks. He was in Minnesota attending an intense training for work. He came home for less than 48 hours one weekend and was gone the rest of the three weeks. I certainly developed an appreciation for all that he does when he's around and I also learned what is was like to be a single mom, who works full time. I had a blast with the kids but I can't lie, I was exhausted by the time Joe came home. Emilia was an amazing helper and was on really good behavior and Chase started sleeping thru the night so I really could not complain too much. Thankfully no one got sick!


We had a really nice Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We spent it with Joe's family in Chapel Hill and then Chase and I went to my Mom and Zaz's the day after Thanksgiving for some more turkey. Joe and I got to have a nice date night on Saturday night, I am looking forward to more of those this month!


Our screened porch is coming along and if I had to guess, I would say it should be finished within two weeks. It's been really neat to watch it all come together, however our neighbors are probably ready to kill us because of all the banging.


We are looking forward to all of the fun things that the holidays have to bring over the next few weeks (cookie bakes, christmas parties, spending time with family and friends, relaxing with each other).


I hope you all have a happy and healthy holiday season. We wish you all good health in the new year to come. Three of my best friends are having babies and one of Joe's best friends is getting married in 2011. What an exciting year for so many people we love!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dcmazzola/OctNov2010#



Cheers and love to you all!


Les, Joe, Emilia and Chase

1 Comments:

  • We've had the worst time with ear infections for Ellie Kate also, probably headed for tubes for her also! Hope you have a great holiday!

    By Blogger The larsons, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home