The Mazzola's

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 2012

Hello Family and Friends!
Wow, how time flies... I'm not sure what happened to the last 4 months but it's been a lot of fun and super busy.
I guess I should rewind back to end of March and April and go from there.  Joe and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary and Joe's dad celebrated his 60th birthday!  We had a fun birthday celebration at our house for him with Joe's parents, Ginny, Jack and Silly Uncle Matty.  April started off with celebrating Emilia's 6th birthday!  I can't believe she is already six and getting ready to start 1st grade in August.  I spent some time traveling for work in April.  My Mom, Dad, Sister and I all flew out to Denver for 5 days to our annual conference and had a great time.  I left town that week and things at back at the office went nuts in a good way.  The business is growing and it is awesome to be a part of it!!!!  Certainly keeps me busy and I love it! 
Joe spent some time traveling in May.  He went to see Read in Boston, then went to Charlotte for his annual guys Nascar weekend and the weekend in between the guys trips we celebrated his 35th birthday.  I think in my last blog I mentioned that Emilia got the stomach bug on my birthday, well she got it on Joe's birthday too.  What are the chances of something like that happening???  Anyway, we still had fun and went to see the Durham Bulls baseball game like we do every year around Joe's birthday.  Emilia graduated from Kindergarten at the end of May, it was super cute.  They sang songs and her teacher said something about each child in front of the class and parents.  It's amazing how much she has blossomed this past year and how much she has learned.  She loves to learn and especially loves math.  She definitely gets that from Joe, because I am not a math wiz in any way shape or form.
Here we are in June already and I feel like the summer is flying by.  My parents moved into their new house at the beginning of June and a week later hosted two graduation party's for Anna.  Needless to say my Mom wore herself out and got sick but still somehow managed to be an amazing and gracious hostess.  Anna is now a high school grad and will be attending UNC Asheville in the fall.  Emilia has already been to music  and art camp and is going to be spending a lot of the summer at YMCA camp.  She is working toward earning her yellow band at camp, which means she can swim half the length of the swimming pool and tread water for 30 seconds.  It's taken her a week to get used to being back at Y Camp but she is having fun this week.  She has also been working hard on her piano and is doing a great job.  She and Joe sit down and practice together a few nights a week, it's pretty cool.  Chase is getting so big and we are finally starting to work on potty training.  He's definitely going to require more work than Emilia but we'll get there.  He loves M&M's so he gets super excited when he actually goes on the potty because he gets to have his M&M's.  He finished up soccer in May and we are taking a break for the summer with extra activities so that we can enjoy each other and go to the pool as much as possible.
We had a baby shower for my sister this past weekend, which was a lot of fun.  For those of you who don't know or who don't Facebook, they are having a girl.  Aunt Ginny hosted a wonderful 60th birthday celebration for Joe's Mom this past weekend.  We celebrated my parents 20th anniversary and Joe's parent's 40th anniversary this month as well. 
July is going to be a month full of adventures for all of us.  My parents will be traveling to Thailand and Joe's parents are traveling to the Mediterranean.  Joe and I will be taking the kids to Busch Gardens and to the beach for a week in July and we are really looking forward to getting away!
We hope you all are healthy and happy and having a great summer.  I promise not to wait 4 months before our next post.
Love to all,
Les, Joe, E and Chase  

https://picasaweb.google.com/dcmazzola/AprilMayJune2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWnvNif2b7EqQE#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home