The Mazzola's

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Chase and Emilia!

Happy Spring, Family and Friends!
We are so thankful that the sun is shining and flowers are blooming.  I never thought that I would be so happy to see spring arrive.  We have had a super fun and busy few months, which is why I have not updated our blog.  :)
Despite all of the snow in January and February we still had fun and stayed busy.  Emilia had First Reconciliation in February, which was really exciting for her.  She took it very seriously!  Joe and I had a couple of nice date nights.  One where we went to a Gala that I helped to plan and chair for a non-profit that I'm involved in here in Raleigh.  We took a day trip to Winston-Salem to see Nana and some of Joe's other aunts and uncles.  It was a wonderful visit and so great to see his family since Chase and I had to miss out at Christmas. 
We kicked off March with a family outing to see The Harlem Globetrotters with Emilia and Joe's YGuides tribe.  It was a lot of fun and quite entertaining!  Chase LOVES basketball so he was in heaven!  Chase started basketball again and is really a pretty good dribbler.  We celebrated Chase's 4th birthday the next weekend!  He had a very small get together with a Spider Man cake.  He chose to have a small get together instead of a party because he wanted to go to the Monster Truck Jam in April.  What an experience that was!  The next weekend we took a trip to Charlotte to visit the Jones family.  It was a long overdue visit and we had an amazing time catching up.  We miss them so much but cherish the moments we are able to spend time together.  Joe and I also spent our weekends in March continuing to train for another half marathon.  Emilia and Chase closed out the month with a camp out at Camp Seagull in New Bern with their Yguides tribe.  Unfortunately it was super rainy but they made the best of it and had fun.  Joe and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary that same weekend.  Sometimes I still can't believe we've been married 11 years!  We have managed to sneak in a couple of date nights each month, which has been wonderful.  Joe's new job has kept in busy and working late a lot so the date nights and family dinners are moments I live for these days! 
That brings us to April and the excitement of celebrating another special birthday.  Emilia turned 8 on April 5th.  For some reason, her turning 8 has freaked me out a little.  She is really maturing and turning into such a young lady.  I think Joe and I are finally hitting the "sweet spot" with our kids, where you want to freeze time.  Emilia had her first slumber party for her birthday and it was so much fun!  The girls did gymnastics all afternoon, had a dance party, watched Frozen and I gave them all pedicures.  I think I had as much fun as they did!  Last weekend Joe and I ran in the Rock and Roll half marathon in Raleigh, which was a lot of fun.  I have had a back injury that I've been dealing with and thankfully we both felt good the morning of the race and did really well.  I think that may be my last half for a while but they are kind of addicting.  We are heading to the coast this weekend for Easter to be with the Mazzola's and are so excited to be getting away for the weekend.  Emilia starts spring break Friday so I will be taking a few days off to spend time with her.  I can't believe she is 6 weeks away from summer break.  I know Emilia will be ready for a break from school and to be honest I am looking forward to a break as well.  This year has been a big change from 1st grade.  She is doing amazing in school and still loves it!  Chase loves his new day care but is looking forward to going to school with Emilia in August.  Work is going well for me, always busy, which is good.  Joe is doing well, working hard in his new role and impressing his new bosses.  We hope you all are healthy and enjoying spring.  We have an exciting May coming up, lots to be thankful for!
Lots of Love,
Leslie, Joe, Emilia and Chase
https://plus.google.com/photos/100686975836685272573/albums/6003255086890792225



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home